Are You Happy With Your Smile?
Interestingly, in the past, if your answer to this question was no, there was very little you could do to fix it. For example, remember the tail of George Washington wearing a set of wooden teeth? Thank goodness dentistry has improved to such a high extent since then! As a result, “Are you happy with your smile?” is a question that more and more people can answer yes to.
A Brief History
For one thing, people were petrified of the dentist, and rightly so! Anesthesia was very limited if not obsolete in many cases. Dental procedures could be extremely painful and uncomfortable and techniques were very outdated. Consequently, despite being unhappy with their smile, many people avoided the dentist. But, ever so gradually, the dental field developed into what it is today. To illustrate these points, the American Dental Association brings out the following information:
- Middle Ages- Dentistry begins to be practiced by The Guild of Barbers in France. Extraction of teeth was commonly performed. Early books of dentistry began to be published during this time in Europe.
- 18th Century- Dentistry becomes a profession, with dental techniques becoming more advanced. For instance, the first patent of porcelain teeth was made by Nicolas Dubois de Chemant in 1789. Additionally, instruments and materials made specifically for dentistry were designed and produced.
- 19th Century- Education and Science advances. Such achievements were made as the first dental journal (American Journal of Dental Science) in 1839, the first dental school (Baltimore College of Dental Surgery) in 1840, and Edward Hartley Angle is credited with making Orthodontics a dental specialty in 1899.
- 20th Century- Breakthroughs in Technology and Techniques. The year 1905 included a German chemist formulating the local anesthetic procain, or Novocain. Further, Alvin Strock inserts the first dental screw implant in 1937. 1990 brought a beginning to modern esthetic dentistry.
Cosmetic Dentistry at Rancho Dental
As you can see, much effort was made to help you be happy with your smile! Dr. Perry at Rancho Dental is well known as Temecula Valley’s Cosmetic Dentist. Indeed, if you are unhappy with the smile you have, you can now achieve a smile you are happy with. As is evident from our website, www.ranchodental.net, all of our procedures are done with only the highest modern techniques and materials. Here are a few!
- Metal Free Restorations
- Dental Crowns
- Porcelain Onlays
- Tooth Colored Fillings
- Dental Bleaching/Teeth Whitening
- Dental Bonding
Be Happy with Your Smile
At the same time, maybe you are happy with your smile. In this case, no doubt your goal is to keep your smile healthy. Therefore, please allow Rancho Dental to help you maintain your great smile. Give us a call or visit us!
29746 Rancho California Rd
Temecula, CA 92591
Phone: (951) 225-3076